2013年3月26日火曜日

twitter

Yesterday, I heard that twitter had 200 million users.  I've never been interested in twitter though; I've read articles about it, and I've heard about it on the news, and I've seen people tweet in movies and whatnot, but I just don't get it.  Why do people bother to write down their every thought or action for the general public to see?  I mean, I see the similarities between blogging and tweeting, but when I say tweeting, what I imagine is something like this:

I'm at the supermarket now.  Looking for an avocado.
Found it next to the cucumbers, but they're all too soft.
I wonder if they aren't rotten inside.

I admit this might be one of the worst examples, but to me, it seems a bit morbid that someone even feels the need to write this down.  It's as if modern people are too lonely that they need to be talking to someone constantly.  They need a response for everything, and luckily, the virtual society called the internet enables that.  Or maybe it's the other way around: the internet enabled people to get a response anywhere anytime so they feel lonely when they get none, and they end up tweeting more in hopes of getting a response this time.  Perhaps a bit like an addiction?

But I guess it sounds a bit too sentimental to say the internet created low tolerance to loneliness, or the state of being alone.

1 件のコメント:

  1. That's what I think facebook sounds like :/ 'Went to work today. My co-worker was annoying. Then she left. Friday we have vacation.'

    返信削除