2013年3月24日日曜日

diary

I'm such a himajin (ヒマ人 = people who have a lot of time); I found my old homework assignments:

A trip to the moon

I am going to the moon from 8th January with mummy and daddy.  The earth is like a blue and green giant ball.  In Space there is no air so we have to wear the Space suite all the time.  I do not like my Space suit because we don't have any small Space suits and its very big for me.  All so the space suit is too heavy and I can't move.  I saw a star like an alian.  when I saw it I thought that I was an alian too.  The trip is all most finished.  I don't want to wear a space suit but I want to live on the huge moon.  bye bye moon

I wrote this when I was around seven.  It was written three months after I returned to Japan.  Three years later when I was abroad again (from a diary):

Today, like always I went to school.  At school, we have this "Friendship Quiz" (which Paige made up).  Everyone makes "Friendship Quiz" and give it to their friends.  I'm making one for Paige.  I've already made one for Emily and Katie.  By the way, Emily gave me a "Friendship Quiz" and I got a 100%.

On a different day:

Good news - I don't have homework today.  Well, only French.  Bad news - it's about yesterday.  In English we have "conprehention" and my friend always asks me the page in the book that gives answers to the questions.  I told Sierra the pages and as a result, she got an A and I got an A minus.  I think it wasn't fair so from now on, I am not going to tell answers.  (The reason I got A minus and Sierra got A is because Sierra had less spelling errors.)

I don't even remember this Sierra, but I can see why I was upset.  Though if my child were ever upset because of the same reason, I might tell her not to be too sour.  "Give her all the answers if she wants them.  You lose nothing."  Sierra will.  But I think it's Sierra's parent's job to do something about it.

Either way, I'm glad I studied hard.  I know my English is still not that good, but if I could go back and talk to my past self, I'll tell her not to cry because her efforts will bear fruit.  "It takes time, but I promise you won't regret."  I want to hug her and tell her that I really really appreciate her efforts.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿