2013年3月12日火曜日

looking too young

So I walked two stations with my mom today to a movie rental shop.  On our way back, we walked by a lingerie shop that was having a sale and I suddenly remembered I needed to buy a new bra.  I actually don't know how long you can use a bra if you're wearing it every other day, but I usually know it has outlived its usefulness if I've worn it more than two years.

Either way, I walked into the store with my mom and asked the clerk if she could measure my size (because it seems like my breasts have shrunk lately).  She kindly selected a couple of products that were my size and came into the fitting room to see how my breasts had "settled" into the cups, only to find out none of the bras she had picked fit me.  So she selected another couple of bras and asked me to try them on.  I didn't like the designs but I put them on anyway and while I was trying to fit my breasts into the cups, I heard the clerk telling my mom that it might be a "difficult time" for me: "I think she's still not used to gathering her breasts into the cups.  And she's probably still growing."  Well, my high school days have almost sunk into oblivion, but I guess if I walked into a lingerie shop on a Monday afternoon in my sweats with my mom without make up on, I still look like a high school student.  Or maybe younger - who knows?  My mom, by the way, played along and said nothing about my actual age.

On a side note, I was making 豚汁 (ton-jiru = pig soup = miso soup with a lot of vegetables and a bit of sliced pork) with my mom this evening and she looked into the freezer to find a small bag of pork.  She saw the label and cried: 「これ、平成12年って書いてある!(OMG, it says best before Heisei* 12!」
Me: ほんとに?(Are you sure?)
Mom: うん、見て。平成12って書いてあるから。(Yeah, look!)
Me: ・・・2012じゃなくて?(I don't think that's Heisei 12 - it looks more like 2012)

*the Japanese dating system; Heisei means "the era of the Heisei emperor", though we only call him by that name after he passes away.  Heisei 12 = 13 years ago.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿