2013年6月19日水曜日

mouse

I'm extremely tired.  I haven't been able to get enough sleep lately, not only because I'm busy with all the experiments and papers but also because I keep waking up at 6:30 for some reason.

Yesterday, we injected morphine to a couple of mice and put them on hot plates and pinched their tails with a clip to see how morphine affected them.

Today, we injected a couple other drugs to some virtual mice on the computer and observed their VBP/HF/HR while another group did the morphine experiment.  They worked with the mice right next to us where we were doing our task, and once in a while, when I moved my mouse and tried to move the cursor to a certain place on the screen, it would move on its own -- towards where the mice were.

Either way, vagal reflex is a huge trend lately -- at least around me.  Caffeine is supposed to strengthen the heart which means heart rate should rise, but it goes down.  Why?  It's a result of vagal reflex (caffeine⇒heart↑⇒BP↑⇒vagal reflex⇒heart↓⇒BP↓=back to normal).  Norepinephrine is also supposed to strengthen the heart, but heart rate goes down.  Why?  Again, vagal reflex (α receptors contracts the vessels and BP rises ⇒ vagal reflex ⇒ heart↓)  Vagal reflex seems to explain everything.  Well, not everything, obviously.  It doesn't provide any explanation on why my mouse kept moving towards the mice.  Or why I can't sleep.

I feel overall depressed when I don't get enough sleep.  Going to bed now.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Good to hear that you got some more rest. I feel quite tired lately too. I know what's wrong, it's just more or less deciding what to do about it is the problem. :/

    返信削除