2013年6月16日日曜日

miracle

Since I'm not Midori, I can't "ignore" sine or cosine or statistics -- I've been analyzing/proving the effect of caffeine on calculation performance all day, and thought I wouldn't feel like writing today, but a short note:

It was raining last night and I remember it had been the same (or worse) exactly a year ago.  Because that was when I came here to take the entrance exam for my med school.  It was raining like crazy -- umbrellas were useless and it was almost impossible to see where you were walking.

A year ago, I thought I would be happy and relaxed once I got into school.  But.  I realize again that it's a never ending cycle.  You pass a test, a year passes, and you're still facing another test, writing another paper.  Cleaning another room, washing another dish, waking up early in the morning feeling tired.  We keep doing the same thing.  Over and over.

But in a way, that's the "miracle".  Being able to do the same thing.  Not being in a worse state.  Being able to wake up in the morning.  It's a miracle -- if I just take the time to stop and think about it that way.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I understand what you mean! It does feel like a miracle. Even if every year since I moved to England has been entirely different for me!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. That's amazing -- every year being different. I guess my life has changed a bit since I started studying medicine, but overall, I think it has been the same!

      削除