2013年5月8日水曜日

a clean old man

At a sushi restaurant after five hours of microscoping.

R: Hey, you just dropped your rice.  I ignored it the first time AND the second time but I'm not going to let you go this time -- for the benefit of Broccoli.  You better watch out; he's dropping things from his mouth.
T: I didn't drop anything.
R: You do all the time.
Me: And you point it out all the time.
R: So you're okay with all the dropping?
Me: Well, everyone starts dropping things sooner or later.  You get old, that's what happens.
T: I want to be a clean old man.
Me: That's impossible.  Old means unclean.
T: I know. But you know how some old men wear ironed shirts and brush their teeth and all?
R: Of course they brush their teeth.  Who doesn't?
T: People stop brushing their teeth when they start having false teeth.



My grandmother once told me how she had dropped a candy she had been eating on a friend's calligraphy.  She didn't know when it dropped, but it was apparently her candy.  "One of the inconveniency of being old is that you can't keep your mouth shut."

I want to be a clean old woman too.  I actually have a small mouth.  It makes it difficult for me to eat certain types of hamburgers but I wonder if it would give me some kind of advantage in keeping my mouth closed when I become an old woman.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿