2013年4月28日日曜日

the family stone



I liked the last scene where the framed photo of Sybil appears behind the Christmas tree.  She has already passed away, but in the picture, she has Amy in her stomach.  And when you look at it closely, the cover glass reflects the figure of Amy kissing her boyfriend.  It exactly overlaps Sybil's stomach where Amy was, and I thought it was a very nice ending.

Another thing that sort of stuck in my mind was what Meredith said during dinner.  I think she has a point when she says she doesn't think anyone wishes for their children to be gay.  I don't think gay people are "challenged", but as she says, life is already hard enough as it is and most people wouldn't want to make it anymore difficult for their child.

On a side note, there are lots of transgendered TV personalities in Japan and they always look cheerful, but I sometimes imagine the pain behind their smile.  Of course it's not only them; everyone has something.  And we get used to it.  But when I see their passion towards life, I sort of think the suffering they've gone through is at the root of it.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿