2013年2月26日火曜日

reading

The other night, I met up with my friends and we talked about novels at one point.  One guy said he never read novels - he only reads "parts of textbooks".  He said he was never moved by anything, or at least he couldn't remember any moments like that, which sounds horrible, but I didn't feel sorry for him at all.  He's always a bit too realistic but he really is a happy nice guy who wouldn't mind driving more than two hours to go see a friend's basketball match the day before a fairly important exam.  And he's the kind of guy who comes to school late because of bad hangovers and still gets As all the time.

He's good at drawing and likes wasting money on "UFO catcher" games. He used to be a pharmacist and used to study drugs for breast cancer. He isn't "into breasts" anymore because he saw too many of them. He takes home fried chickens in his pocket when he's drunk and lies down on the school bench when he has a horrible hangover. He doesn't have a father but has a black cat called Moon. His nose bleeds every few months, and he can't wash dishes without gloves on because he's allergic to dish washing liquid. He's skinny and tall and has a funny haircut that sort of makes him look like a mushroom.

If you remember the Right Arm Peel Incident when A decided to peel the right arm with K and asked me to do the left arm - the side which was sort of twisted - the guy who tried to help me was him. He came over and said he was a "professional" when it came to holding arms in the right position, but I was almost finished and was really tired so I ended up telling him it was too late. But he really is a decent guy. He can be super lazy but he's a really warm and kind person.  And of course there's nothing wrong with being lazy (as long as it's not when he's operating on me).

Either way, reading means so much in my life.  I couldn't really imagine a life without reading but I guess my friend proves that life can still go on without reading.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿