2013年1月1日火曜日

heaviest expectation

Don't expect too much of your future self.
未来の自分に期待するのはやめよう。
 
 
 
I went to the shrine with my parents for 初詣(we pray for the new year to be a good one) and on our way back, my dad and I talked about 年賀状(a traditional card you get on New Year's Day).  I said it might be fun if we made it a custom to write a card to ourselves too.  I keep all the cards I recieve, and I enjoy reading the older ones, but I sometimes wonder what kind of cards I sent to people each year, so I said I was going to write a card for myself as well from next year.
 
But then my dad said it would be cool if we could send a card to our future selves, or in other words, recieve cards from our past self.  I said I didn't like the idea because it would most likely make me hate myself.  I could write anything - all the good things that I hope will happen to me, all the dreams I hope I would've accomplished... and above all, I would expect myself to be happy.
 
Think about when I actually get the card.  If something doesn't happen now it will not necessarily happen in the future.  Things are never as easy as it seems.  My future self will end up cursing my past self:  Am I happy?  Well, I'm sorry I'm not, but it's all YOUR fault.  You should've tried harder, you should've done this and that while you had time to write cards to me!
 
It would be nice if you could get cards from your future self:  Warning - do not choose this future because you'll regret it.
 
But since that's not possible, I guess I should just try to do my best in everything.  Or I'll just tell my future self to take things easier.  It's okay if you're not happy.  I'm proud of you either way.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿