2014年7月4日金曜日

0~1 year olds

A quick note of nursery shadowing round 2:

1. Kids can tell if you're a stranger from when they're around a couple months old.

2. Kids aren't interested in one another until they're around two years old.

3. They're fine with tasteless foods until they taste all the yummy stuff out in the world.

4. They're more interested in picking at pieces of Velcros on toys rather than toys themselves.

5. Some kids bite their peers when they fight for toys.  (Reminded me of a certain soccer player.)

6. The yellow lines on their diapers change blue when they've peed.

7. You can feel the gelatin in their diapers when they've peed.

8. When they're crying, it's because they need a warm hug or a bottle of milk or they've peed.

9. The reason the nursery staffs don't throw away used diapers and give them back to parents is NOT because the parents check the contents when they get home.  They have to take the diaper to the doctor when the kid is sick but usually, no one checks.  They just stink.  So the nursery has decided to stop giving back wet diapers from next month.

10. Some parents prefer cloth diapers because kids can feel the uncomfortable wetness when they've peed and they learn to use the bathroom earlier than kids with expensive paper diapers.

11. Most kids are messy and have runny nose.  They drool over your shirt and then look back at you with innocent eyes.

12. And they're so adorable it's heartbreaking when you leave them and they start crying.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Just a couple of quick observations of my own:

    1) Your close objective descriptions of the children tells me you will become a fine doctor in the future.

    2) Your last subjective statement tells me you have the capability of becoming a fine mother in the future.

    I will always remember my son's earliest years with great fondness, and with great gratitude for having been able to experience those precious years with him. Of course, my wife had to do all of the diaper changing and the late night wake ups :) However, perhaps because of them, those days are even more precious to her.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Sorry for the late reply! I hadn't checked my blog in a while. That nursery shadowing day was actually the first time I could kind of imagine myself becoming a mother. I look forward to experiencing all the diaper changing with my own child!

      削除